Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back to the fuel protests..

Well, it's started. What am I talking about? Only the panic buying that's going on for fuel. I'm lucky, as I've got 3/4 of a tank of fuel on board the Pug, and Mum's got about the same on her car as well.

The last time the fuel protests happened, my family was lucky, as Dad was on the essential users list, and because of the petrol mowers, we had about 30l of fuel in the garage in steel containers!

Ok - I agree with the fuel protests, as I'm fed up paying extortionate rates for the luxury of having a car, as I'm in a situation where public transport is a total non-starter, as the location of my office, and the mere fact that I have to go out on business means that I need the car.

In an ideal world, I'd have the Pug converted to an alternative fuel, but at the moment, the minute I do anything like that, Peugeot will say that I have invalidated my mechanical & bodywork warranties, and I'm up the proverbial creek without a canoe, let alone a paddle!

Hmm - suppose I should think about doing some w*rk, but I'm suffering from a case of TNFI...

Back later, if I get chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: