Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting to grips with the new car...

I never realised just how much fun the Peugeot could be... It handles like a dream, and now that I've got the automatic lights sorted out (I didn't know that you had to activate the dratted things - the Peugeot 307 had them activated at the factory!) the car is perfect.

To be honest, I did wonder if I'd made a mistake when I bought the Yaris, but having spoken to the service manager at Arbury Peugeot, I now realise that the Yaris was the right choice of car for me - at the time when I bought it (2000).

Driving the car to Malvern (I went to the Giant Flea Market at the Three Counties Showground), was a real treat.

I discovered the Pug has a tenancy to oversteer (i.e. it tries to whip the back end 'round on a corner) which is totally the opposite to the Yaris - which was prone to understeer (i.e. it tries to go straight on in a corner.) No wonder I used to knacker my front tyres on that car!

The market itself was really good, and I spent over four hours wandering around, seeing what was what... I will admit, I splashed out on a couple of pieces - one was a sterling silver cross, with 5 peridots in it, and a test piece from Cobridge pottery. Again, that was something that Dad taught me about and as it wasn't wildly expensive, I decided to buy it...

But only after much deliberation on my part, as I was unsure about the colours. But the more I thought about the piece, the more I realised that I wanted it....

All in all, it was a good weekend, and I learnt an awful lot about the car, and I know that it's going to be one hell of a car when it's run in properly!

Suppose I should get on with some work.....

Back later - if I get the chance...

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: