Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Bringing sprogs into the office...

Is not a good idea, as far as I'm concerned. I have all the maternal instincts of a rattlesnake. (If the female meets its offspring, it has the tendency to eat them - sounds pretty good to me!) All the women seem to coo over the sprog, and I'm treated with suspicion, as I make it plain that I have very little time for babies and small children in general.

Don't get me wrong, I do have time for kids - just not in the workplace. Why do I say this? Simple, because muggins here is the one who ends up doing most of the work whilst the others coo over the sprog, who looks terrified, and obviously wishes it was elsewhere! Still - can't blame the kid - I feel the same way sometimes...

Ah well, suppose I'd better look like I'm working - especially as I'm not cooing over the sprog....

Back later, if I get chance.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: