Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Another week begins...

And I'm knackered! Add to that, the mere fact that my shoulder feels like there's some little demon sitting inside, carving its initials and other intricate drawings in the joint tissue and you get an idea of the reason why I'm feeling like this.

I must look & sound pretty rough, as my boss asked me if I was ok this morning, as "you're not as chirpy as normal." For him to notice, I must be flat!

But, I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow, and that way, I can make sure that I haven't done anything major to the joint. Still, at least I can still type (and update my blog!)..

The weekend was quiet, and Mum and I went to Bridgemere Garden World near Nantwich. Mum drove, as her car needed to get a proper run, and my shoulder wasn't 100% pain-free. We got parked, only to discover that Santa had arrived just before us, so the place was full of spoilt little brats.

Needless to say, neither of us were very impressed, as the pair of us have very little time for kids. Don't get me wrong - I do have time for kids - but not when they're screeching little b'stards, with no manners.

But, thankfully, the bits that Mum and I were interested in were well away from the screeching hoard. I treated Mum to a double flowered cyclamen, and a couple of amaryllis bulbs, as they're the sort of plants that she grows. Me? I bought myself a fern that will cope with drafts, and needs the compost to be kept wet, so that will survive on my desk (hopefully).

That reminds me - I did promise to keep this blog updated with progress reports on the cuttings... Well, the good news is, that they've all taken and there are now little Tradescantias all over the office - including on the boss's desk!

There have been jokes about me trying to turn the office into a greenhouse, but for me to do that, I really need to get a decent heating / ventilation system installed - then I could grow my real passion - Carnivorous Plants.

Yes - the things that eat meat - along the lines of the infamous Venus Fly-Trap in the classic musical - Little Shop of Horrors. (The plant was called Audrey II - the most memorable line from the plant was "feed me!")

Hmm - suppose I ought to call this entry quits, as it's nearly time to log off & bog off...

Back tomorrow - possibly.

Karen.
Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: