Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Music for the car

At the moment, I'm listening to the new AC/DC album (ok – it’s the sound track to the Iron Man 2 film). It’s almost like a greatest hits album (this is second film that the band have done a sound track for – the first film was Maximum Overdrive)

I got the CD last night – ok – let me rephrase that. Mum got me the CD, and I decided that I would listen to it on the way into work this morning… With the result being that I must have looked a real sight blasting along the road, the windows wide open, and “Thunderstruck” blasting out from the stereo.

Aside from that, it’s a really good album, with some cracking songs on it:

1. Shoot to Thrill
2. Rock 'N' Roll Damnation
3. Guns for Hire
4. Cold Hearted Man
5. Back in Black
6. Thunderstruck
7. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
8. Evil Walks
9. T.N.T.
10. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
11. Have a Drink on Me
12. The Razor's Edge
13. Let There Be Rock
14. War Machine
15. Highway to Hell

I have to admit, my favourites are Thunderstruck, T.N.T and Highway to Hell. As one of my colleagues said – I'm just an aging rocker. I resent the aging bit, but I agree with the rocker bit – none of this namby-pamby Sugar Babes stuff in my car… Think the most refined thing I’ve got in the car at the moment is Dire Straits!

Ah well, guess I should call this quits – I'm supposed to be working…

Back later if I get the chance.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: