Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Fire up the mower – it’s time to annoy the neighbours

Well, it was the first mowing of the season yesterday. And much to my amazement (and Mum’s) the mower started first time. It’s a bit of a beast (it’s got a 21 inch cutting deck) and can almost drag me off my feet.

Mum hates it – she maintains that it always refuses to start for her, whereas I get on with it really well – even if it can be a pain to manoeuvre at times. But, despite that, it does a really good job on the grass – and made cutting the lawn painless - just annoying for the neighbours as I had to restart the mower several times, mainly because I needed to empty the grass box, and I couldn’t keep the mower running whilst I did so.

Aside from that, it was good to be out in the garden, and I didn’t wheeze too badly. But this could have been due to the fact that I was wearing a fume mask to keep out the nasty pollen. I must have looked a right idiot, but as it worked, I really didn’t care.

Ah well, guess I should call this quits – I’m supposed to be working.

Back later if I get the chance…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: