Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

“Jail Break” (Or Getting Mum out of the fleapit)

Well, as I type this, Mum is at home, and out of that fleapit of a hospital. The discharge process was a farce, and to be honest, I am glad to have Mum back home. Don’t get me wrong – I know she needed the operation, and am glad that it has been done, but the standards were…. Scarily lax.

The gel dispenser that I’d reported being empty yesterday was still empty, and I walked in with one of the office minions that seemed to be based on the ward. She walked straight in to her office, ignoring the notices about using this gel, even though the damned dispenser was on the wall by the door of the office!

If you needed a wheelchair to get a patient out, there were none available on the ward, and it was a case of “go find one yourself”. I did – and I was lucky, because there were only three left!

Thankfully, I was able to park in the drop off area, and go and wheel Mum out to the car (she managed to get in with relative ease – could be something to do with all the practise that she has had!)

Now all we have to do is make sure that the district nurse turns up tomorrow, as Mum needs to have the dressing on her wounds changed daily – but if I'm honest, I don’t hold out much hope…

Guess I should call this quits – I need to get some sleep.

Back when I get the chance…


Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: