Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Leaving Mum

Well, I’ve just dropped Mum off at the hospital. What a depressing place. You can tell that the architect used to design prisons…

The car park was easy to find – once you knew where the hell you were aiming for. It’s almost like the disabled car park location is a state secret. Mum and I found where she was supposed to go, and got checked in by the nurse.

As per normal, Mum hadn’t had the results of the MRSA test (I read the admission card – she’d tested negative) and there was little information about her medication (despite the fact that she’d given the pre-admission clinic a complete printout from the GP as well as writing it out!)

Because there was no point me hanging around, I headed for home, via the nearby Tesco, as there were several things that I wanted to pick up whilst Mum was in hospital – milk, bread and potatoes.

That was where the fun started. As the weather has been somewhat inclement (ok – it’s snowed here, and the roads that haven’t been gritted are like skating rinks) the car park was just a sea of white. No indication of the parking bays or anything else. God help you if you were unsteady on your feet, because it was lethal underfoot as well.

The store itself looked like it had been hit by locusts – there was very little fresh fruit or vegetables, but I guess that it could have been due to the time that I was there – just after 08:30, but equally, it could have been due to the fact that the delivery truck hadn’t made it.

Honestly, it does make you wonder at times. Two flakes of snow, and the entire country grinds to a halt, and you get panic buying at the supermarket. Well, that’s something I won’t be indulging in – I’ve got everything I need, and if not – well I'm sure that I can do without for a couple of days.

Back tomorrow – I want to try and get some sleep…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: