Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

“Bee Wing” Impact

A term given to the type of impact damage that my windscreen has suffered. Again. This is the second screen that has been damaged in the past 7 months, and to be honest, I’m more than a tad fed up. Simply because it’s dratted inconvenient to get Auto Glass (who are very good) to come out and have a look at the damage.

The worst part is, with this grotty weather, the road surfaces are breaking up, meaning that you get more stones / boulders available, which means that you run the risk of more screen damage.

I wouldn’t complain so much if the money that I fork out to the government for the “Road Fund” for my car (£175.00) was used to maintain the roads, but somehow I get the feeling that the motorist is just a convenient source of revenue – in effect a “cash cow” to subsidise things the more “fashionable” things.

Ok – maybe the motorist isn’t a saint, but I object to being charged “Road Fund Licence” when the money is certainly not spent repairing the roads.

Ah well - guess I should call this quits - I'm supposed to be working, not blogging, but I'm suffering TNFI - and it's only Monday!

Back later...

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: