Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Corporate preaching

Is something that really annoys me. I don’t object to training, but there are some things that I really find objectionable – and one is being preached at with regards to how I drive.

The worst part is, I have to spend 1 ½ hours being preached at, when I have other things that need doing. It’s to do with “green motoring”, and reading thought the ten points that we are given, I can find fault with most of them.

Points like:

Use air conditioning only when necessary. What about those of us that have climate control in the car? That only runs when it needs to!

Use engine braking. Most people don’t have the foggiest, and I seem to recall from when I was learning to drive, that it was an instant fail if you did that, as you were deemed “not to be in control of the vehicle” as well as the comment that it’s cheaper to replace brake pads that the clutch.

Check your tyre pressures. Most people don’t have the foggiest what the tyre pressure should be, and never check the pressure – I at least check mine, and know what the pressure should be for normal loads (2.3 bar front & 2.5 bar rear)

Needless to say, I can see that I’m not exactly going to be popular, but to be honest, I really don’t want to do this damned course, but I’ve been told that I am doing it. The only way that I can escape, is to go sick, or book a day’s holiday (which I get the feeling will be refused!)

Ah well, back to the grindstone.

Back later, if I get the chance…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: