Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting annoyed

There are some days when you just want to throttle the people you work with. And today is one of them.

We’re short staffed as two people are off sick, and one is on holiday (the other supervisor doesn’t count) and the department bitch is trying to throw her weight around. Again.

I wouldn’t have objected to being asked to help her, but she came into the office with a face like a wet weekend, and started going off on one immediately, complaining about all the work that has been left on her desk.

I was trying to sort out my stuff (I deal with end user e-mails amongst other things) and the bitch decided to invade my desk area.

“Karen, I need these putting onto SAP – I’ve got all these price changes to do.”

No please, thank you or kiss my furry. Needless to say, I politely told her that this would have to wait, as I was dealing with my stuff.

“Like what?”

Err – excuse me – she's the same bloody grade as me, so I told her that it wouldn’t take me too long, but I would deal with it after I’d dealt with my stuff, and as she was standing huffing by my desk, I answered my ‘phone.

She stomped off, and I got landed with the orders by my supervisor – whom I told the same thing – my stuff comes first. He was ok with that, and I could see the bitch was itching for another go at me.

Needless to say, she’s been in a foul mood all day, and is trying to make life hell for everyone – as she can’t get her own way. My supervisor has given me a wide berth as well – probably because he knows damned well that I’m going to blast him about the bitch's attitude problem.

My personal thought is that I am employed to do my job – not act as her clean up crew, because she’s too interested in pontificating about things that are nothing to do with her – like what I am working on (or not working on) as the case may be.

Ah well - guess I should call this quits - I've got bits and pieces to sort - and none of it is the bitch's stuff!

Back later

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: