Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

After the flu jab

sWell, I’ve had my flu jab, and I just hope it’s worth it. I felt like crap yesterday, and as for Friday… All I can say is thanks God Mum drove – I felt like I’d had a skin full after the jab.

Why do I say this? Simple. I felt like I was drunk, and I was missing things on the road home that normally I would have spotted without a second thought. Things like the mere fact that there was a rather large truck in front of us, with a second trailer attached to the rigid trailer.

Add into that mix, that I thought I could taste the jab (not a pleasant taste, I can assure you) and a rotten headache, and you get one very grumpy person. I guess the headache was just due to the fact that I’d wound myself up over this jab. (I’m always like this – I just seem to have a phobia about needles – could be something to do with the fact that I’ve always been ill or injured when a doctor or nurse has come near me with a needle attached to an injection...)

Yesterday, well what can I say? Apart from the fact that I still felt like crap. Mum and I went down to Milton Keynes, as the weather wasn’t brilliant (as in the fact that it was chucking it down with rain – and I hate getting wet!) and had a wander around.

Now we’ve been getting a stupid message on our TV set about the Sky viewing card, saying that we need to go to the Sky website to get a new viewing card… Now normally, Mum would send her secretary (me) to go on line and get this sorted. One problem – no Sky subscription.

We let this lapse, as it was getting to be stupid money, and we worked it out that it was costing us about £1.00 per hour that we watched it – i.e. not worth it, as neither of use were bothered by the movies (I prefer to watch a DVD when it suits me – not when some dratted TV company tells me to) and most of the sports channels were taken up with football. Don’t get me wrong – I’ve supported Coventry City football club for more years than I’m going to admit to, but as they don’t play in the Premiership, it was of no interest to me whatsoever.

So, we picked up a leaflet, and priced. It came to about £20 a month with the three packs that we were interested in (we had to get the knowledge pack – I really miss the Discovery Channels – I adore watching American Chopper!) and threw in a free Sky + box! Bonus!

Then it was just a case of wandering around – avoiding the pig ignorant people who seemed determined to walk straight at us – despite the fact that Mum is on a walking stick. Me? I was playing pure cowardice – I was keeping close to Mum to try and protect my shoulder (which was killing me).

Ah well, guess I should call this quits – I’m supposed to be getting ready to go out – not blogging.

Back later.


Karen

Now some things you hold on to - some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: