Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

At last. The monster is ready to come home… Tomorrow.

Well, I can now confirm that the part(s) have landed and are being fitted to the little monster, meaning that I can collect it tomorrow. I could have pushed for this evening, but it would have been my luck for something else to break and delay the collection.

I will admit, I did apologise to the lad I was dealing with for being grumpy – but I think that he could understand my point of view. So, I will give them benefit of the doubt, but will be rather careful the next time the car has to go into them for any work.

Now all I have to do is hope that nothing else happens before I collect the monster – and more to the point make it up to Mum for the last three days of early starts… 

 Especially as I start work in Banbury at 08:30, so we have to leave home at about 07:35… The traffic is hell once you get into Banbury – reminded me of having to fight my way through Leamington – something I did for the last 18 years or so.

Ah well, time to call this quits – got things to do and people to annoy.

Back tomorrow – hopefully with the monster…

Karen

I gave no thought to wisdom
It all but vanished in the haze
This fragile hand of fortune
Had changed and turned it all to grey

0 comments: