Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Waiting for the monster

Well, this time I’ve not had to chase the dealership for an update. They called me just after 10:30, to say that they didn’t think the car would be ready by 12:00. Great. But they have said that they will drop the car to me to make it easier for me, and wanted to know what time I finished work…

Ok – I appreciate the call, but the question about my finishing time now has me slightly worried. What *else* have they messed up and not told me about?? And I still have the “joy” of paying for the privilege of being stressed out by them – and it’s not cheap. Like £600 type not cheap.

Suffice to say my decision has now been made. The car has been there once – and that was enough for me. They missed things that should have been spotted and have charged top price (£160 per hour for labour) for the “luxury” of having their so-called technicians make a mess of a reasonably simple repair.

The worst part for me was the fact that I had already told them there was an issue with the nearside (left) front wheel where I hit a dratted pothole, so they didn’t have to look very hard.

Luckily, the little monster won’t need to be serviced for another 12 months, so I won’t have to deal with them again. And if I need any work doing before then, my colleagues have recommended a local garage where the fleet cars (and their own private cars) are worked on.

That is good enough for me – I have not had the best experience with this new dealership, and the stress and hassle this has caused me, and the rest of my family isn’t worth this.

Time to call this quits – my lunch break is coming to an end.

Back later…

Karen

Look now the circus is here
Too many clowns
Waiting for freedom to disappear


0 comments: