Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Football Blues

I’ve just realised that the blasted World Cup football starts in 11 days, and I loathe football.

Already the media is whipping up the hysteria about this, and I am starting to get bored even before the tournament starts. If it was rugby –that would be a different matter as I am a rugby fan, but football leaves me cold.

I know that there are people who will be watching every single match, and some people who will just watch the England matches. I, however am not one of them, so I have a stash of films that I have been saving for this four week period of rotten TV.

However, I guess that I am going to have to put up with the hysteria that will become almost the norm (and cope with the strange looks when I say that I won’t be watching any of the football.

Ah well, I guess I should do some w*rk, but as I'm only in the office (or playpen) for three days this week, I'm really struggling to find the enthusiasm to do anything today…

Back when I get the chance.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: