Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

A stress less day? I'd love one of those!

It’s one of those days that I can really do without. My beloved horse has injured herself some how, and is now being operated on to repair a bone fracture in her nearside hind leg, and an order is causing me severe stress as well.

The horse first. She showed signs of lameness a couple of days ago, and I found a stone that had bruised her foot. I checked her yesterday morning, and she was holding the nearside rear hoof off the ground, and flinched when I went to get hold of her leg to check the foot. Not a good sign. So, me being me, lead her into the box, and got her comfortable (no fighting from her – she must have realised that I was trying to help her!) and called the vet to come out last night, when I could be there to see what the verdict was. I’d already warned him that she was unwilling to let me touch the leg, so he brought his portable x-ray with him…

That was when the bombshell landed. She’d broken the cannon bone, and it needed surgery. Thankfully, my insurance covers such nasty things, so I called my supervisor, explained that I would be late in today due to a personal matter and left it at that.

The horse ambulance arrived at 08:30 this morning, and we got her loaded with the minimum of fuss, and she left for Newmarket, where the operation is to take place today. I’ll be without her for about a week (subject to how the operation goes) and will just have to take it from there as to what happens after that.

Honestly, I'm really wishing that I’d taken today off – I'm starting to get a migraine, and I know full well that its stress induced.

Back when I get chance...


Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: