Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Midnight Blues

Well, I'm back from Cornwall. I will admit, although it was nice to see my family, I'm only too glad to be back home.

Why? Because the old joke that "God gave you your relatives, but thank god you can choose your friends" has never been more apt at times.

Ok - maybe I'm being a little unkind to my family, but compared to the rest of the family - I'm subdued! I felt a little out of place at times, but as things started warming up (and the drink started flowing - I was driving so I didn't drink that much at all) I started feeling much more at ease with things.

However, it was when I was settling down, that I started to feel blue, and the song by Gary Moore - Midnight Blues sums up how I felt some nights...

It's the darkest hour
Of the darkest night
It's a million miles
From the morning light

Can't get no sleep
Don't know what to do
I've got those midnight blues

When the shadows fall
I feel the night closing in
There must be some reason
For this mood I'm getting in

Can't get no sleep
Don't know what to do
I've got those midnight blues

Every evening after sundown
As the light begins to fade
I feel so low, but I just don't know
Why these blues won't go away

Every evening after sundown
As the light begins to fade
I feel so low, but I just don't know
Why these blues won't go away

It's the darkest hour
Of the darkest night
It's a million miles
To the morning light

Can't get no sleep
Don't know what to do
I've got those midnight blues

I've got those midnight blues
I've got those midnight blues
I've got those midnight blues

Ah well, guess I should call this quits - I need to make peace with Fred.

Back tomorrow.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: