Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Recovering from the weekend...

What can I say about the weekend, apart from WOW!

It was the sort of weekend that you dream of having - even if there were a couple of scares - including me scraping a wasp out of my hair - without realising what the damned thing was!

Saturday, Mum and I went to the Town & Country festival at Stoneleigh, and as Mum had a motability scooter, it meant that I was able to walk at my normal pace, knowing full well that Mum was able to keep up with me.

I should have guessed that things were going to go right for me, when I found the last two pieces of a set of Beswick Thelwell figures..

The figure on the left was the one that I liked (I can't find a picture of the one that Mum bought for my birthday - she's always stuck what to get me!) So, that means that I now have the complete set of the unlimited edition figures, as I always disliked the limited edition figures...


Aside from that, we managed to get all sorts of silly bits and pieces - including a hematite necklace for me, and a new handbag. Yes, I've heard all the jokes about women and their handbags - but this was quite reasonable, and will be really useful for me as it's big enough to get my various bits and pieces into...

But, the highlight of the day was the Battle of Britain memorial flight - two Spitfires and one of the two Lancaster Bombers still flying! It was a real treat to see them flying, and they did about four fly-pasts over the showground. I was cursing the fact that I didn't have my camera, as I would have loved to have taken some photos of them in flight, but the memories of the noise and the actual sight of the planes flying will stay with me for a long time...

Sunday was a quieter day, as Mum and I had planned to do very little. Ok - plan and reality had very little in common, but I manage to complete my wedding outfit by getting a rather simple, yet bold camisole from the same shop as my suit.

Today. A different kettle of fish altogether. Mum and I went to Derbyshire to a couple of these so-called outlet villages.. Mum wanted to get some shoes - Fly-flots - and suggested that I had a look as well, as she said that she found hers very comfortable...

So did I - and I ended up buying two pairs - one pair of black toe post sandals (ok - posh flip-flops) and a paid of ajustable mules with diamante detailing in a powder blue... I also managed to get a pair of loafers - something I have been searching for high and low, as I refused to pay £50+ for a pair of shoes that I wasn't very keen on...

I will admit, I did enjoy the driving as I'd volunteered to do so, due to the fact that I wanted Mum map-reading / navigating as well as speed camera spotting as I had no intention of getting nabbed for speeding...

Time to call this quits - I'm shattered, and all I want to do is curl up and sleep!

Back tomorrow...

Karen


Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: