Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back from my travels – Part IV - The road home

The final day of our stay, Mum and I went to the Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovilton - where one of the Concorde prototypes was located.


Most of the museum was poorly lit, and I admit that the date on the camera was set wrong - I'd neglected to check this when I selected this feature!!

Some of the display were quite good - I loved the display in the second hall, where the WWII aircraft were - the photograph below being one of my favorites:


However, I admit that my real favorite display was Concorde.



I have to admit, seeing the aircraft up close was a real treat, and I didn't realise just how narrow the aisle was!

As this aircraft was the prototype, there was still the test equipment on-board...


But the real surprise was the size of the cockpit!


The outside of the aircraft was just as beautiful as I'd always remembered:


Hmmm - time to call this entry quits - don't want to blot my copy book by getting caught blogging instead of working!

Back when I get chance.

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: