Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back from my travels - Part III - The road to Taunton

On Thursday, after Mum and I had been to the Eden project, we decided that we would stay in Taunton so that I could go to the Fleet Air Arm museum at Yeovilton - where Concorde had been taken to...

Normally, the route would have been the A30, straight to Taunton - all dual carrigeway. Ok - there's nothing wrong with that, apart from the fact that it's as boring as hell for both the driver (Mum) and the passenger (me).

So, we decided to go across Dartmoor - right past Dartmoor jail!
Them, once we were off Dartmoor, we did use part of the A30... And alongside, were several windfarms. To be honest, I can see why the locals object - the turbines aren't the prettiest of things to look at...

I also managed to get another photograph - not bad from a car doing 70mph...

However, any joy that I felt on my holiday was cut off at the pass, when I turned on the news, and saw that London had been attacked. How these people can claim to be doing this in the name of Islam is beyond me, as Islam preaches peace - not violence!

Hmm... Suppose I should call this entry quits - I'm supposed to be working.

Karen

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: