Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Trying to find a horse…

As people may or may not know, I’ve been searching for a horse to replace my beloved Heart of Flame, and have struck out every time I thought I’d found “the one”.

Again, it looks like fate has turned away from me again, as I thought I’d found the perfect horse. He’s a Lusitano, and is as gentle as a lamb. However, when I went for a ride, it felt like he was pulling to one side. The best way to describe this, is to imagine a car with tracking problems – it pulls to one side. Well, that was how this horse felt.

So, as it stands at the moment, I am waiting for an independent report on the horse, as the last thing that I need to do is buy him, and discover that I have more vets bills than my damned insurance will cover.

Needless to say, I am on the verge of giving up, as this search has caused nothing but heartache for me, but part of me is whispering “keep the faith – you’ll find one” – especially as I have really missed being able to go for an early morning ride.

Ah well, time to call this quits – I need to get some sleep.

Back when I get the chance…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: