Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

That’s what’s been happening just recently. If things can go wrong, they have done. I had the car serviced – ok – not an issue there – until I got a call from the garage to say that there was a problem, and a couple of advisories….

Now I hate it when I get that sort of call. It turned out that the problem was a blasted sensor on the cooling system that had decided to start leaking. Ok – not a major leak – but it was one of those little nasties that could develop into a major problem – and it would be just my luck for it to go when I was on the motorway.

The advisory was to say that the offside front tyre had 3.5mm left on the tread (the UK legal limit is 1.6mm) and that the back box on the exhaust pipe is showing signs of corrosion.

So, the sensor was replaced, and the car seems to be running ok. Thankfully, it looks like this sensor problem has sorted out the gearbox issue (but I still keep the little monster in full auto mode until it’s got some heat into the engine!)

The tyres can wait until I can get the tyres that I want, as I know what suits both the car and me, but the back box I’ll ask for a second opinion , as I don’t want to rush off out and spend money needlessly on the car…

Ah well, time to call it quits – I’ve got stuff to sort out before I pick the car up.

Back later…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: