Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Farewell to Peugeot UK??

Well, it's finally happened. Peuegot has decided to close the Ryton plant, on economic grounds. I can understand Peugot's reasons - they have to ship in everything that they need to build to cars at Ryton (they currently build the 206 and the 206 SW), and then have to deal with the expense of shipping the cars back into Europe.


There have been calls to boycott Peugeot cars, but I'm afraid that the writing has been on the wall for a long time. Even before Peugeot took over the site, one previous owner threatened to stop car production, and said that they would make washing machines instead.

Ok - I can sympathise with the workforce, but my sympathy is tempered by the knowledge that I had to wait in excess of 8 weeks to get my car - and it wasn't something super exotic! Ok - it's a small auto, but that shouldn't have caused that sort of delay...

Time to call this quits - I'm supposed to be working...

Back when I get the chance.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: