Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Rumblings in the distance…

And it ain’t the delicate sound of thunder either. It’s the sound of a manager starting to take his irritation out on someone who has decided to call time on her role here.

No – it’s not me – it’s one of the others, and because she’s had the decency to let him know what she was doing, he’s been like a bear with a sore ass. If she makes the slightest goof up, then he nails her, and yet me? I make a goof, and it’s a case of ‘oh well, these things happen’.

Seems like my time has come
And now I'm moving on
I'll be stronger

Aside from that (and I freely admit to trying my best to stay out of the line of fire for the time being), things seem to be improving for my best mate. I won’t say that he’s overjoyed with things at his company, but he seems happier than he’s been for a while – I just hope that this continues!

However, he’s still in pain with the injuries he sustained in the car accident back in March, and is still seeing the chiropractor, whom he refers to as a sadist.

Why he ends up in so much pain after he’s been is a mystery to me, as I seem to get off lightly compared to him – although just recently, I will admit to feeling like I’ve been run over by a steam roller!

But, I have been told that I should give up horse riding until this problem with my shoulder is sorted out. That went down like a ton of bricks with me, and I will admit that I said ‘sod it’ last night, and went riding… Oh my god – did I pay for it!

I dismounted after a fairly gentle ride (10 miles – I usually rack up 25 when I’m out in an evening) and my legs felt like jelly, and my back and shoulder felt like there was a demon hoard taking carving lessons on my bones!

It's my life
It's now or never
But I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive (It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said, "I did it my way"
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life


I didn’t get my sympathy from my best mate (and to be honest, I didn’t really expect to get any) as I’d gone riding against instructions, but he seemed more concerned that I hadn’t injured myself any further.

Ah well, suppose I should think about doing some work, but I’m suffering from a severe case of TNFI…

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen
Learning to fly, but I don’t have wings

0 comments: