Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Death of a legend

I got home this evening, and Mum mentioned that one of the founder members of one of my favourite rock bands had died...  Then she said it was Magnum.

I went onto Magnum online, and saw this:



The lead guitarist of Magnum.  The statement read as follows:


From the Clarkin family:

On behalf of the family it is with profound sadness that daughter Dionne is sharing the news of the passing of Tony Clarkin.

Following a short illness, he died peacefully surrounded by his girls on Sunday 7th January 2024.

“I know that Tony has touched so many people through his music in so many different ways. I don’t really have words to express what he meant to me right now as the grief is too fresh.

As many of you know Tony had a great affinity with animals. It is the family’s intention to set up a charitable trust in his name to aid this cause, further details to follow. Please do not send flowers or cards, as he would have much preferred expressions of sympathy to go to charity in this way.

It was a privilege to call him my Dad.”


“I didn’t look to live forever”


The world is a poorer place with your leaving Tony.  You were a true gent.


Karen

I know if I could live forever
Nothing would change to better
Nothing would change at all


0 comments: