Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Waiting for the hospital appointment

As I type this, I am just about 17 hours away from finding out just what I am going to have to do to get my life back.  I still can’t drive (which is *really* pissing me off now) and it looks like I have three options:

  1. Physiotherapy
  2. Steroid injections in my back
  3. Surgery to shave the offending disc

But I will freely admit that I am scared.

Needless to say I don’t like options 2 / 3 – I hate needles and surgery?  Having my knee operated on was one thing – if it went wrong, I limped.  But my back?  That has the potential to do real damage to me.  But, I am not ruling anything out, especially if it means that I get my life back – and I can drive.

 Time to call this quits – my kindle is calling to me, and I want to lose myself in my book.

 Back tomorrow when I know what’s going on (I hope)

Karen

Now I’ll tell you how I feel
I’m lost, feeling second-hand
Do you treasure what you steal?
Can you tell me where you stand?

0 comments: