Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Car Troubles – part 4a

Just had the call from Molly at Arbury.  They’ve isolated the problem – it was the main engine fan control unit that was defective (aka buggered).  So, they’ve got one coming in from their parts supplier this afternoon, so will be fitted to the Monster this afternoon, so I can pick it up today.

They plugged the computer in, and it threw lots of errors at them.  What a surprise.  I always joked that my car was plug and pray (as in plug the computer in, and pray that you get the answers!)  So, they then had the big engine fan kick in, and surprise, surprise.  The dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree with all the errors and the noises that the car plays when it throws a hissy fit.

Now comes the painful part.   £223.  But this does include all the diagnostics, removal of the error codes, removal and fitting of the defective part (as well as the part itself).  But I guess it could have been a hell of a lot worse – I suspected that it was the climate control electronics going expensively wrong.   

I know people tell me that I am nuts paying main dealer prices but it’s for this reason that I do so.  I called the dealership directly last week, and the car was booked in to be looked at today with minimum fuss, and I am treated like a valued customer – not a registration number to be gotten rid of as soon as possible.

So all I can do is wait for the phone call to sat that the little Monster is ready for collection, and then head over to collect it…. 

 

Karen

Where is the journey
No one defies
The end comes early
That’s no surprise
When it’s all over
And it’s all done
The best is waiting
And yet to come

0 comments: