Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Car Troubles – part 4

 Well, Monster is now at Arbury Peugeot – waiting to be looked at.  I will admit that I was slightly worried that it wouldn’t start due to the damned electronic issues.

But, first turn of the key, and the car started.  To say there were murmurs of relief was an understatement.  So, it was then a case of nursing the little horror into Arbury, so that their technicians could see what the hell was going on – and what was draining the battery.  I mean two batteries in 24hrs was a bit excessive… 

Once on the road, I discovered the drawback to not having the climate control on…  The windscreen started to mist up (and my hands were freezing cold as well) so it was a case of having to put the climate control on and pray.

Well, I think my guardian angel must have been listening, as the car behaved itself – no stupid warning lights (other than the engine management light on the dashboard), so it was a slightly more comfortable trip – especially as all the traffic lights were on green, and traffic was a doddle.  

Mind you – that could have been due to the time that I was travelling – 08:00 – the schools aren’t due back until next week (bug permitting) and most sensible people were still in bed.

I managed to get the little monster to Arbury, and got it booked in earlier than expected (a big thank you to Molly – she is a real star!) so all I can do now is wait and see what the verdict is….

Back when I have more info on the expensive little monster….

 

Karen

Like a broken wheel stops turning
You ain't going nowhere
Now you've got to heal that burning
Or you ain't got a prayer
Like a broken wheel

0 comments: