Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Looking forward to a weekend...

And what a weekend it promises to be! I've booked myself a 24hr test drive in the new Peugeot 207, which starts at 18:00 tonight and runs until 18:00 tomorrow night, and then Sunday, I'm meeting up with my daft hog riding friend and his family in Stratford.

Tomorrow is the busier of the two days in terms of the distances I'll be traveling, as I'm going up to a garden centre in Cheshire - Bridgemere Garden World (see http://www.bridgemere.co.uk/index.htm) with Julian and his partner, as they want to get some plants for their garden.

Ok - I know that it sounds crazy, but the theory behind it states that you should buy plants from a garden centre / nursery further north as the plants will be used to harsher conditions, and so will thrive in a southern garden.

So, that means a blast up the M6 (a motorway I hate - most of the drivers on that road are idiots - and I think I might be being a tad unkind to the idiots) on the way there, then a trip down the scenic route through Rugeley and Litchfield, so that I get an idea of how I get on with the car and more to the point, if I'm interested enough to give it serious consideration when I come to swap my 206.

Sunday however, promises to be quite a different kettle of fish... I got a text message from my daft friend at some unearthly time this morning (I think it was about 00:35) asking what I was doing this weekend.

So, as I was already awake (Ponto had decided to stick his sharp little claws into me as he stretched in his sleep - furry little fiend!) I sent a reply saying that I was busy tomorrow (Saturday) but I was free on Sunday...

He then sent me a reply saying that he was thinking about heading up to Stratford, and said that it would be nice to meet up, as I was "local" and know which tourist traps to avoid as a matter of course, plus I can give the "insiders" knowledge - daft little rules like there are no thatched houses within the town perimeter due to a devastating fire in the late 1600s.

Ok - I know that sounds daft, but at the time, it made sense as the river Avon runs through the town at the bottom end. Aside from that, I know quite a bit of useless local information...

Guess I should call this quits - I'm supposed to be working - not blogging!

Back when I get the chance...

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: