Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Another day, another joke

It's not often that a golf joke has me howling with laughter - but this one managed it...  And I make no apologies for posting this.


The Rugged Outdoor Woman


During her physical examination, a doctor asked a retired woman about her physical activity level.  

The woman said she spent 3 days a week, every week in the outdoors

"Well, yesterday afternoon was typical;

I took a five hour walk about 7 miles through some pretty rough terrain.

I waded along the edge of a lake.

I pushed my way through 2 miles of brambles.

I got sand in my shoes and my eyes.

I barely avoided stepping on a snake.

I climbed several rocky hills. 

I went to the bathroom behind some big trees.  

The mental stress of it all left me shattered. At the end of it all I drank a scotch and three glasses of wine.

Amazed by the story, the doctor said, "You must be one hell of an outdoor woman!"

"No," the woman replied, "I'm just a really shitty golfer"


Karen

Write in dust all you say
Look for the answers you know you can trust
One day they might blow away

0 comments: