Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Books, and more books

Well, it’s back to what I enjoy the most. Reading. I’ve been hooked by George R.R Martin’s Game of Thrones series, after I picked the first book ( A Game of Thrones) up May / June last year and was hooked within the first chapter, whilst sitting in Costa in Waterstones Nottingham. (And yes – I did buy the book I was reading!)

So, I read the first one, and got caught by the style (and I have to admit one of my favourite characters is Jon Snow) and gradually got the series (Books 3 and 5 were published as two paperbacks, due to the humongous size of the hardbacks!):

1. A Game Of Thrones
2. A Clash Of Kings
3. A Storm Of Swords – Book 1 – Steel and Snow
4. A Storm Of Swords – Book 2 – Blood and Gold
5. A Feast for Crows
6. A Dance With Dragons – Book 1 - Dreams and Dust
7. A Dance With Dragons – Book 2 – After The Feast

I’m on to the second part of A Dance with Dragons and I have to admit that it is better then the first part – to the extent where I am staying up until silly o’clock reading (and ignoring the fact that I have to be up at a reasonable time to get ready for the playpen).

To be honest, I cannot wait for the next instalment, which promises to be a real corker – especially if the preview at the back of ADWD – After the Feast is anything to go by….

Ah well, guess I should call this quits – I’m supposed to be getting ready to go out – not blogging!

Back later…


Karen

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there?
'Cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven, too?

0 comments: