Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Another day, another book...

Well, I’ve finished A Dance With Dragons part 2, and I have to admit that it was a real eye opener. I won’t spoil it for anyone that hasn’t read it, but suffice to say that I didn’t expect the Turncoat to do what he did…. So now I’m reading something slightly different.

Actually, quite a bit different. It’s the new Phillipa Gregory novel - The Lady of the Rivers and it tells the tale of Elizabeth Woodville’s mother, Jacquetta.


It's the precursor to The White Queen and it fills in a lot of information that I thought was missing from Elizabeth’s mother’s background. So far, I’ve read about 1/3rd of the book (most of it last night) and I’ve been really impressed by it. Of the three books, the one I was least enthralled by was The Red Queen, but it wasn’t too bad – I have to admit I’ve read a lot worst than that… (Wolf Hall being one of the worst mistakes I’ve made – and I wasted valuable weight taking it on holiday as well!)

So, it’s something that I am rather enjoying at the moment, and once I’ve read it, I’ll post a proper review of the book.

Ah well, guess I should think about getting back from my lunch, and heading back ot my desk… Don’t really want to go, as I want to see what happens to Jacquetta…

Back when I get the chance…

Karen

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there?
'Cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven, too?

0 comments: