Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Monté and damage recovery

As per normal, Mum and I went up to Monté on the cable car. I will admit to being slightly apprehensive, as I was unsure just how much damage had been done by the devastating floods in February.

As we travelled up, the damage could be seen from the cable car.





Considering the force of the water that must have been flowing, the damage wasn’t as bad as I had expected, but there were still areas that were being repaired.


When we got to Monté, the area seemed undamaged, but I know from past experience that appearances can be deceiving, so Mum and I walked towards the other cable car station – the one that links Monté to the Botanical Garden.


 That was when it really hit home just how ferocious the water must have been. The building that you used to purchase the tickets from was a ruin (albeit one that was being worked on) and a huge concrete culvert was being constructed to try and control the water.




Mum and I then decided to walk back towards the main square in Monte. I made sure that I had my camera ready to photograph anything of interest, including areas of damage, as I was trying to show my friends at home just what had been damaged.


Ah well, time to call this quits – my mobile is ringing.

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: