Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Escaping on the 'Hog...

And no - it's not me. It's my best mate. The lucky sod has gone to Ireland for the European Hog ralley, and has been sending me little messages to let me know how he's getting on...

The first one arrived on my 'phone at 11:25...

Just stopped for lunch and a pee break - it's f*****g freezing! Speak soon.

Diddums. What I didn't realise was that he'd left home at 04:30, and that was the reason for the early lunch break!

The second message made me smile:-

Hey you, on board ship out on top deck in the sun but leavin' late. Take care.

Rather him than me - I hate boats - the smallest swell has me hanging over the edge of the boat throwing up, and being generally very unwell. But, I will admit that I wish that I was able to go with him as it sounded like it was going to be a real scream...

He sent me a third message just before 21:00 to let me know that the group had arrived in Wexford ok, and that things seemed to be ok, and then I got a final message after midnight, asking me if I could call him...

Not a problem, and we had a quick chat, as he was shattered and I had to be at work this morning.

But, at least I know he's ok, and he's promised to show me the pictures when he gets back, as he said that the bikes were incredible...

Guess I should get on with some w*rk, but I'm still half asleep, and suffering from a severe case of TNFI...

Back later - if I'm still awake!

Karen.
Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: