Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting the Jab

Yep – I’ve had my first dose of the Covid-19 jab.  I’ve had the AZ (Astra Zeneca) variant.  The jab itself was painless – the nurse who did it was very professional, as was the entire team who were administering the jabs.  

I did like the way that the staff went out of their way to reassure those of us who are less than keen on needles, and also made sure that I was aware of the possible side effects.  

The only thing that I will say (more of an observation that anything else) was that the staff trusted people to stay put for the length of time specified.  The gentleman who was telling me about the possible side effects, and things to watch out for, spotted my medic alert, and when when I was asked about it, instantly instructed me to wait 20 minutes after my jab before I could escape.  Thank god for the kindle – I would have gone nuts.

I freely admit that I felt decidedly off on Friday – to the extent where I didn’t think I would be safe enough to drive on Friday night.  That put a dampener on my weekend plans, but my partner was sweet, and said that he didn’t want me driving, as it’s not a short drive to see him.  Ok – it’s not that far (about 40 miles) but it’s on some nasty roads (or I use the M6).  Either way, it meant a weekend at home.

And yes – it was the right thing to do.  I spent yesterday dozing, and was barely able to move my arm (I felt like I had done 15+ rounds with a certain M. Tyson…) And I will admit to being very grateful for the kindle – it meant I could read without having to hold a heavy book in my right hand.    

Today?  I feel brighter than I did – but it still hurts to lie on my left arm, and I am still tired.  But, if it’s a sore / bruised feeling arm, or risking catching this dratted virus…  Give me the sore arm any day.

Ah well, time to call this quits – my eyes are tired and I can hardly stop yawning.

Back when I get the inclination… (or my arm stops hurting!)


Karen

You try, yeah, you do your best
But nothing seems to work
You're not like all the rest
When you're the one who hurts
Oh, what a day

0 comments: