Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Verdict? It’s screwed.

Not a happy little bunny rabbit. The damned solenoids in the gearbox are screwed, and it’s not a quick fix. Apparently, this is an unusual occurrence, but it’s still going to cost me £600 to get the car sorted out, as this includes replacing the solenoids, and doing the software update.

Thankfully, the dealership has done a fix of sorts (a braking switch) meaning that the car should behave slightly better on a cold start, and I’ve got the little fiend booked in for a week today to have major “surgery”. It’s going to take about 4½ hours to do, provided nothing goes wrong.

Mum has been a real star, and has said that she will pick me up from the dealership if the car isn’t ready by the time I escape the playpen, and will give me a lift into work on Friday.

Ah well, time to call this quits – it’s nearly the end of my lunch break…

Back when I get the chance.

Karen

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there?
'Cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven, too?

0 comments: