Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

I succumb... To Harry Potter.

OK - all the years that I have refused to get into the hype that surrounds Harry Potter, simply because I never rated the book.  Unfair, I know, especially without reading it, but it never really struck me as the sort of book that I would read.

Boy, was I ever proven wrong.  I was with friends a couple weekends ago, and some how I got sucked into accepting the first Harry Potter book (Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone) and once I'd started reading it, I couldn't put the damned thing down, and read it in a day.

Now I'm onto the 5th book in the series (Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix) and I am really beginning to get into the series, and am quiet anxious to find out what happens to certain characters.  I'm not going to reveal any more than that, as I don't want to spoil the surprise for people who haven't read the books.

I may well be asking for the Harry Potter series for my Christmas present, but part of me still feels embarrased to be reading it, as it's a children's book...  Isn't it?

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most


0 comments: