Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

A Christmas display, and more plants.

Not something that I usually like to admit... But this display at Melbicks Garden Centre really caught my eye...




Unusually for me, I really liked the displays.  They weren't the usual artificial trees loaded with decorations that they were trying to sell - although they were there.

And yes - as usual, I "rescued" two more carnivorous plants - Sarracenia hybrids.  The best bit (for me) was the fact that they were reduced - as in well under half price, and had a reasonable chance of survival.

So, I have now placed them in a tray of rainwater in their usual winter quarters (an unheated greenhouse) so that I can acclimatise them to "normal" growing conditions ready for planting outside in the spring.  Then they can munch the local insect population to their heart's (and pitchers) content....

Ah well, I need to make sure that the rest of the monsters are ok - winter is coming and I need to ensure that they are protected enough to go through the colder months ready for spring.

Back later...

Karen

See the night sky super nova
Chase the cold moon passing over
Start the dragon's fire to smoulder
On a storyteller's night

0 comments: